Photo of a large vacant lot in the 1950s. This two-city block square was between The Strand, Highland Ave., 26th St. and 27th St. It was taken by eminent domain proceedings from the Bruce Brown family and other African American families in 1924. Although it was taken by the city with the intent to turn it into a public park, it was remained a vacant lot from 1924 until the early-1960s. It was declared Bruces Beach Park in 2006.
Full size image is 2.93 MB and 3826px wide x 2226px high