This photo is looking south down Valley Dr. from Manhattan Beach Blvd. From 1920 to 1966, Valley Dr. (formerly West Railroad Dr.) did not extend from 15th St. to 10th St. This was because Metlox Potteries owned the property and used it for warehouse space and a railroad spur. After Metlox deposed of the spur and warehouse and sold the property to Manhattan Beach, the City extended and paved Valley Dr. in 1967.
Full size image is 3.15 MB and 3480px wide x 3333px high