The Manhattan Beach Pier, as seen looking down Center St. (now Manhattan Beach Blvd.). The neon sign was built by Metlox Industries in the late 1920s. The two buildings at the foot of the Pier served as a waiting room for the Pacific Electric Red Car (south building) and a restaurant (north building). The Red Cars along the South Bay beaches were discontinued because of poor ridership in 1940.
Full size image is 5.2 MB and 7041px wide x 5408px high